This appointment is for your first, second, or third dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine
Everyone age 12 and up are eligible for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine COVID-19 vaccine. To be eligible for either the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine COVID-19 Vaccine or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine COVID-19 vaccine, you must be age 18 and up.
Effective August 13, 2021, CDC recommends that people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised receive an additional dose of an mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) at least 28 days after the completion of the initial mRNA COVID-19 series. Available data show that these people don't always build adequate levels of protection after an initial 2-dose primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series. The data also show that they may benefit from receiving an additional dose of an mRNA vaccine to develp as much protection as possible against COVID-19.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
* Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
* Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
* Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
* Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g. DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrom)
* Advanced or untreated HIV infection
* Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e. 20 mg or higher prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory.
The COVID-19 vaccine is a critical tool to safely reach the other side of this pandemic. Through efficient and effective distribution of the vaccine, we can suppress the spread of the virus, save as many lives as possible, and rebuild our economy. As we move through phases of vaccine distribution, the administration will ensure it reaches everyone as quickly as possible using an equity-centric approach as we have done throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As we move forward, it is critical that we continue to follow public health recommendations to suppress the spread of the virus.
What: Joliet Junior College - COVID-19 Vaccines